Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Today smelled like Fall, the wind blew like Fall, the leaves in the trees rustled like Fall and the leaves on the ground crunched like Fall.  The temperature, not so much.  But I was still inspired.

Florence wore her new sweater from Gran, and I wore a tights under my dress.
I made oatmeal cranberry cookies with lots of cinnamon to take with me to visit a friend for lunch.
At lunch we ate winter squash soup, the squash fresh from the garden.
'I need someone to come pick some of the apples off my tree - are you interested?' my mother in law said in a phone message...Yes! we will be there. Right after Florence wakes from her nap!


Nathaniel came with us, we picked two big bags full. The apples are now sitting on my kitchen floor.
I am thinking homemade applesauce, apple cake, apple tart titan, apple muffins...hmm Fall has such a cozy feel to it.




4 comments:

naomi said...

I have a chez pim (http://chezpim.com/bake/how-to-make-the-perfect-pie-dough) pie crust sitting in my fridge, just longing for some apples to fill it . . .

Abigail said...

oh an apple pie! - these apples are perfect for apple pie, sweet but tart. you know.
my apples are longing to fill your pie crust. which I am sure is beautiful.

darcie said...

yes, that pie crust is the best for any pie. But your apple dumpling is the sweetest. Can't wait to see you.

Unknown said...

oh I love the Fall--it's my absolute favorite season. Oh how I long for it--but I will see, even though the temperatures are still in the upper 90's and 100's, there is a certain breeze blowing in that does make me think it's around the corner. Or is that wishful thinking...