Monday, January 5, 2009

I love to say to Nathaniel: "Remember when such and such happened? ... "

Recently I have been "Remembering" to Nathaniel about our past two Decembers together! here are just a few:

Remember when we got married?
how overwhelmed we felt by the kindness of so many people?
how beautiful everything looked? how wonderful it was to go
to the airport and get on an airplane together
- isn't together such a happy word?


Remember last Christmas time? how there was a snow storm on our anniversary - but we went out anyway, and remember how magical it all was? Remember how you surprised me with a perfect little Christmas tree?


I can imagine that in a couple months I will be "Remembering"
to Nathaniel about this Christmas just passed...Christmas Smith style in Pamplona!

Remember wonderful conversations over cafe con leche with
the Smiths and Rachel?
Remember when Naomi made that
salad/tikka masala/pizza/stout cake/ministroni...?
Remember those delicious pastries and chocolate
covered orange peelsfrom Biatriz?
Remember Malachai singing Spanish Christmas carols?
Remember all the cheese Gillian brought from France?
Remember running with the bulls? ... errr um, bull statutes?


3 comments:

darcie said...

So, you had chocolate covered orange peel? Oh, Yum! And by the way, Josiah just called me from the grocery store in freezing, rainy Memphis-asking about the ingredients for broccoli cheese soup. I told him the Jacksons enjoyed it today in chilly London!
Happy New Year-with love

Naomi Smith said...

too cute! you are too cute!

I love being part of your Christmas memories; we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Abi, I have finally taken the time to read your blog and, I must say, what a blessing it is! I am looking forward to hearing about all your adventures in London and elsewhere. I do wish that I had been there to help you consume that stinky, delicious, cheese!