Monday, January 19, 2009

Dear Mom,

Somehow - somehow I always miss your birthday. "How is this possible?" I ask myself every year after your birthday has slipped by. Well here it is - over a week past and I have missed your birthday yet again!

That said...I would like to say:

Happy Birthday Mom - truly you are a wonderful treasure! You are a faithful example of Christ likeness and you inspire me to press on to a higher calling! Someday I hope I can be even a little bit of what you are... fun, thoughtful, wise, creative, orderly, godly, cute, and a wonderful wife and mother.

I love this picture because it shows just how very fun you are!
paletas on a meltingly hot day in San Antonio - Yum!

I love you!

- Abi

p.s. Sorry I missed your birthday!

5 comments:

darcie said...

thankyou for the birthday wish! Hmmm, and you are a treasure-Nathaniel too! And actually, your birthday has slipped by me aswell. Thanks for sharing the photo, it's a good one-life in our neighborhood! much love. . .

Unknown said...

and you forgot to mention how you also love this picture because of how good Gab's butt looks in it..

Abigail said...

Too true, too true Gab -
Seriously, you have got a fabulous looking butt. And also this is a great opportunity to point out the very cute orange top you are wearing which I envy every time I look at this picture

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! dont take this in the wrong way, but your butt is the only thing I personally notice or care about when I look at this picture.

Anonymous said...

soon i will return from a wonderful two weeks in san antonio to my abode in petaluma. then, i shall write a snail mail letter to you two lovely people, abi and nathaniel. do you read snail mail anymore from ancient grandmas? or do you just read blogs, facebook and email? i'll know if i get an answere from you i'll know. if not, i'll still know the same thing. your mom originated the last comment because she told me it was senile. so therefore, i am pointing the finger at them. i better stop know now because they will make me repay them for the costly breakfast they treated me to at the gunther house this morning. i've stayed so long that i feel like i am an old, smelly fish in their fridge; not really, because they generously gave up their bed for me. so when mercy came home, she had no bed...but out of guilt, i took her shopping. amen.

Grandma Billie Lorraine Welch F.

ps. 87 years and still trucking....but more gingerly than before at 86.