Saturday, December 6, 2008

Help!



FOR LUNCH: Day Old Focaccia Bread and a Side of Soft Chaumes Cheese.

The other day I was given this nice little round of cheese - Hooray! I love cheese, and it was free! I brought it home and put it in our refrigerator.

A couple hours later Nathaniel came home opened up the fridge and declared that something had gone quite bad and must be hunted down. Indeed, I was on the other side of the room and I could smell it. After smelling several different containers of leftovers, I found the little culprit - my nice little round of cheese!

Yesterday I enjoyed the above mentioned lunch, yum! but, I have a problem...

Nathaniel is just not a fan of the smell or the taste. It is up to me to eat this cheese before the smell overpowers everything else in our fridge. Where are my cheese loving family members when I need them?


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

darcie said...

Oh, yes, I would be there to help you with that strong cheese-good with a cup of hot tea on a foggy day, I think. And Papi says that if you put it on toasted sour dough bread, he'll be right there! On Thanksgiving I made a Danish recipe of sweet and sour red cabbabe like my grandmother would make. Yumm, I thought it was a tasty accompaniment to the turkey, however Papi just gazed, frowning!

Naomi Smith said...

oh my goodness! WE'LL eat stinky cheese with you! Rachel and I were just saying how we needed to have a cheese board for Christmas . . .

Abigail said...

Naomi -
I definitely vote for a cheese board for Christmas!

Mom - very impressed that you tried the red cabbage dish though I wonder how much of it was left over? I bought some Ryvita crackers the other day to go with my cheese (and just for snacking on) - that could go with our hot tea!

Rachel said...

heehee. oh, if only ALL our problems could be this delightful!!

Unknown said...

More and more I'm liking stinky cheese...Amaleah says she's a "goat cheese girl." The red cabbage, by the way, was very good. Although I wonder if Darcie and I were the only ones chowing down on it...

Jim said...

Sometimes a good box of baking soda comes to rescue a loved one and a round of stinky cheese.

Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

ABI! How are you? I've really enjoyed keeping up with you via your blog. I pray many blessings for you and your dear husband in 2009!!! Much love to you!!!