Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Fish and Chips and Vineger, Vineger..."

Nick (Nathaniel's brother) came for a visit on his way back from China. The day of his departure, we discovered a farewell note and a 'tenner' (10 pounds sterling) with very special instructions..."use this to go out and get a treat of Fish and Chips!"
So one night, not too long afterward, we did...

We walked 'round to a local fish 'n chips shop and ordered our haddock and chips with lots of vinegar. Then, with our dinner wrapped up in paper, as is customary, we walked briskly home before it got cold! Fish and chips are a distinctively English prescription for wet chilly days.
Nathaniel thinks we ought to obtain a weekly prescription!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yumm! When we went to England, we made sure to get fish 'n' chips several times. In fact, one time I just wanted chips (blame the pregnancy) so Dennis got me a whole order. It was sooo good. I do miss good chips with lots of vinegar.

Unknown said...

BTW, Rachel is not keeping her end of the deal. :(

darcie said...

So, I would really like this meal especially with lots of vinegar. I'm wondering about the conversion? How much is a tenner and how much did your dinner cost?

Rachel said...

hey now, be nice! I've had a busy week : )

Abigail said...

a "tenner" is a 10 pound note, the last conversion rate I saw was - $1.57 to the pound.
I don't remember if we spent the whole thing - practically most of it though! $15 at the most

Cat said...

Soooo jealous Abi! Isn't it the best! I miss it!