Friday, May 7, 2010

frivolity with £2

On an early morning walk this week I found a £2 coin laying on the side of the road.
I picked it up and put it in my pocket.
All week long I fingered it - What would I do with it? - I wondered from time to time.
A coffee maybe? perhaps that hair accessory I have been eying? or maybe I should put it away and save it for a day when we go to Greenwich market...

who knew £2 could be so fun?

On Friday I was doing some errands, browsing the shelves at Boots (our local drug store) for a few items I happened upon something completely frivolous...

Cleansing Milk...a lightly cleansing milk infused with soothing geranium oil it says on the box...for my face. I looked, smelled, read the back, appreciated the very very fun packaging (what is not to love about a glass jar of face lotion?), then put it back on the shelf and started to walked away. Then I noticed the sign, 50% off all Boots facial products.
I couldn't help it, I looked at the price -£1.98.
hmm - this was just the thing for my £2 coin!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

love.
(from one fun-packaging lover to another)

darcie said...

yes, the entire narrative is so fun (grandma says I use that word way too much, "fun, fun, fun!!")I love the thoughtfulness and the pondering-just L2, but oh, wow, 2L, and is't God good to give us these little surprises. And I very much like the packaging and the bottle! with love

Naomi Smith said...

I'm a sucker for packaging

Unknown said...

very cute, very cute; I too love bottles like that and am always thinking I can reuse that bottle for something when I'm done