Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One of the fun things I have been up to recently with my time is going to the library.

I found a nice back path to get to the library which does take a little longer then the straight forward way but I always feel a little like I might happen upon something magical. As of yet nothing, but I will let you know if anything magical does happen!
(you never know...)

I have found that our local branch has a wonderful collection of cook books, and I have taken great delight in taking them out one by one and reading through them.

a recipe I recently tried (from Tana Ramsay's Family Kitchen) and that I think is super yum...

Fruit salad with oats and warm yoghurt:
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
(really you could use any berries or fruit you have on hand)
2 Tbs water
raw sugar (or what ever sugar you prefer)
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
4 tsp runny honey
  • lightly toast the oat flakes in a small frying pan until golden brown (take care not to burn!). set the pan to the side.
  • meanwhile place blueberries and raspberries into a small saucepan, add water and a sprinkle of the raw sugar (or what ever...) heat this gently, stirring occasionally.
  • add the yoghurt to the pan of toasted oat flakes and gently stir through.
  • when the fruit is nice and warm, serve the yoghurt & oatmeal into a small bowl, spoon on the fruit, and drizzle over the honey.
  • this should make for 2 servings or if you have little ones probably this would feed 4...Enjoy!

4 comments:

darcie said...

oh my, Abi-oats and fruit with yogurt, all my favorite things and I have everything in my fridge right now! can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing.
and a magical path? you always were my fairytale loving girl. . .

Heather Pelczar said...

YUM!!!

Rachel said...

mmmmmm, i love the idea of "any berries you might have on hand"! all we get here are strawberries...but, i suppose strawberries are better than no berries at all (and what I want to know is, does your wooded path have berries that you can pick as you stroll along?)

Abigail said...

oh - it will have some lovely blackberries in the late summer. unfortunately right about when I leave...haha, kinda like my tomato plants