Sunday, October 30, 2011

falling behind...

but still here.

This Friday the plan was to make the coconut lime banana bread recommended by Jamey.
However come Thursday my bananas were just not ripe enough - It has taken me long enough to learn that if I go ahead a make the bread before those bananas are ripe I am ALWAYS disappointed.
I decided to wait a week.
Ha! now you know what I have in store for next week - finally I am ahead again!
Anyway, I decided to take some of the coconut that I had for the banana bread and make some scones mom and I made while she was here.
chocolate - coconut - almond scones. This recipe is also thanks to Joy the Baker and you can take a look here.
Here's the thing, I have always been very anti-chocolate in my breakfast.  Never - ever would you catch me with chocolate chips in my pancakes, muffins, banana bread...you name it - it just never happened. And yet here I am make scones with chocolate chips...and would you believe I love them?  I don't think that I have been converted to chocolate chips in my pancakes, but I think I am beginning to understand a little bit.
Absolutely delicious.  and it makes more scones than my other recipe, which means that here we are on Sunday still enjoying them - grant it a little stale, but nothing a little warming up in the toaster and some butter can't cover up.

4 comments:

darcie said...

yes, I feel the same way about chocolate with my breakfast, but these scones are amazing; I will enjoy them from time to time-when I'm feeling like "eating outside my little box!"

naomi said...

hmmmm . . . sometimes I ONLY eat chocolate for breakfast.

also - - tell us where you got that cute little green pitcher; I'm guessing Italy? (or maybe the goodwill?)

Abigail said...

All I can say is - I wish the cute little green pitcher where mine. but it belongs to a friend in England, and I am sure it has a fun story to go with it but I didn't think to ask. At least I got a picture of it.

naomi said...

the next best way to own a pitcher - - a picture