Thursday, February 24, 2011


Today, Florence is 5 weeks old.

We celebrated by taking a couple steps into 'normal' life.
(whatever that is anyway...)

  • We got out of the house by 7 - I was in sweats and a hoodie, and Florence was still in her 'jammies, but still - We met up with some girls from church for our Thursday morning get together. This is the first one we have made it to since Florence arrived.
  • We went to the grocery store, sure it wasn't a big shopping venture - just to pick up a few items to make Nathaniel his special birthday desert! - but there were no melt downs by either of us and we didn't forget anything. I would count that outing a success.
  • We went for a walk - it was below freezing but Florence was snugged up in a couple blankets, and a lovely warm wool hat from her Gran and buttoned up into a carrier. It was good to get some fresh air even if my fingers felt frozen as I am glove less at the moment. (by the way mom - if you are reading this, I think I should try to make those sweet fingerless gloves you were wearing while you were here...where can I get my cold fingers on that pattern!?)

4 comments:

darcie said...

good for you girls! Happy birthday to Nathaniel! I've been checking out a new pattern for knitted mittens-interested? thanks for the photo-she's precious

Mercy Newton said...

i think it's probably alot of work to get all bundled up and to bundle little florence up for that cold snow...i'm applauding you for that.i dislike layering so much that sometimes i get lazy and dont wear as many as i should-then i pay for it and think about how much i hate winter-but then i tell myself that i'd probably LIKE winter if itook more care to dress appropriately.

what kind of cake did yall make for nathaniel??

Rachel said...

happy birthday to Nathaniel!!! We texted you guys (one day late, of course), and then wondered if you even had texting?? That's what we get for not just picking up the phone and calling.

Unknown said...

Lovely Florence. I mailed your package today...wishing I had knitted you some gloves too, but alas, it's all for Florence...I seriously can't believe you people can just "go for a walk" in those temperatures...I so have nothing to complain about! (except for the fact that it's hot here.):)