Thursday, January 14, 2010

tonights treat

It is common knowledge that if you are having any sort of event, whether prayer meeting or convention there Must be time for tea, coffee and some sweet treat to eat. This of course, applies to bible studies in your home as well.
On Monday nights Nathaniel and I host a bible study for the 18 - 25 year olds who attend Christ Church Bromley. So this afternoon my mind is turning to what sort of sweet treat I will be providing tonight! Now if you go to the home of an experienced hostess you will probably find a beautiful cake of some sort, as I am only learning I will be sticking to something more simple - I am thinking oatmeal cranberry cookies.
Simple but oh so yum!


Just in case you don't already have a favorite Oatmeal Cranberry/Raisin cookie recipe already...

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp banking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries/raisins
optional - 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts perhaps?)

bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Yum!

darcie said...

Yumm, Abi-I trust the conversation was just as sweet; I'm thinking about you and Nathaniel and your outing this evening! blessings-may you be a blessing.

Alyssa Joy said...

thanks for sharing your recipe. I just went through my mom's recipe box and copied down some of the family favorites- there are a few with the Newton handprint on them:)

Unknown said...

those look great!