Friday, April 10, 2009

a little inspiration

While we were in Spain for Christmas, I enjoyed seeing all of Rachel's beautiful projects. I think there were about six or seven different ones going - a couple dresses, pretty paper, balls of yarn some being knit into lovely little sweaters! Each beautiful and inspiring. Before we left Rachel gave me a bit of her yarn (what a treasure!) to start a project of my own. So I have brought out my knitting nettles too long neglected and I am trying my hand at a little baby hat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why a baby hat? Pray tell!

Unknown said...

I need to pull out my needles once again too...

Abigail said...

hehe - well it was the only pattern I had around, honest!

pulling out the knitting needles for me was like finding long lost friends, seriously - why had it been so long?!

darcie said...

yes,indeed, there's something cozy about knitting up a little project; we're at the Dallas Newtons this weekend and I'm working on a little pink hat in my "sit down moments". It's a roll brim hat made with sock yarn. Looks like your hat has ribbing-is it Rachel's pattern? Hmmm, did Rachel teach you to knit in California?
much love. . .miss you. . .

Rachel said...

bring your knitting to France! We'll sit on the beach knitting and wearing hats while the guys surf and the children kick sticky sand onto our balls of yarn : )

Abigail said...

oh man Rachel - I missed out! why did I not read this post before today? then I could have had a minni lesson or two from you.
And I am sad because it would have been a Great picture.