Wednesday, June 9, 2010

preparing

On a walk with Nathaniel a few days ago
- we do that a lot lately, its free and now that the sun does not go down till after 9 we are often tempted for a late evening stroll -
we were discussing the many changes that will be coming up in the next few months.

After I listed several things that needed to be done in preparation - my heart beginning to feel overwhelmed - Nathaniel said, "and the most important preparation is the spiritual one..."

no pictures of our walks so just a picture of the two of us!

So very true. I think so often I get wrapped up in preparing for life and worrying about the things I can't prepare for that I forget how valuable spending time with God is.
Prepare my heart first, and then prepare for what lies ahead.

3 comments:

darcie said...

Abi, I have been preparing for the family to all arrive this week-lots of prep, you know how it is; and I need your reminder (Nathaniel's reminder) to concentrate on the spiritual prep. I wonder how that looks for you practically? So, now I'm waiting for the little girls t arrive here with Uncle Noah (and his bike)-so, I need to grab my Bible! we love you so much!

Heather Pelczar said...

What changes are you preparing for? We need more accountability like this.
Love you!

Abigail said...

hi Heather! I know, we really do need accountability on things like this, thanks for asking.
We are moving back to Syracuse NY in 6 weeks, and there are quite a few unknowns waiting there for us - jobs, place to live, Nathaniel will be starting a 6 month observation period to become part of the leadership of the church we were attending in Syracuse before we moved to London. Lots of settling back into life there and preparing for full time ministry. we are excited, but to me it does sometimes feel a bit overwhelming.
love to you guys too!