Thursday, February 18, 2010

When Mercy and Jeremiah arrived from Spain at the beginning of January we had a mini post Christmas Christmas celebration. It was fun - we had a happy time of wrapping gifts, and saying things like, "Don't come in here!", and "Who took the tape?", and "Oh no, I cant seem to find so and so's gift!" Then we settled down on the sofas and cheered, admired and celebrated as each gift was given, then opened.
Double Stuffed Oreos! A whole box of Lucky Charms Cereal! Twizzlers - and not just one kind either!...Nathaniel was over the moon with delight.
A back rub for Jeremiah!
and so the evening went happily.

We settled down contented - and tired out from the excitement. Then Mercy produced one more gift - "Abi" she says, "you have the awesomest sister in the whole wide world." and she handed me the parcel.
and what do you think it was?


hmmm - Thank you Rachel for your sweet generosity, if only you could see how perfect they fit in... really just about anywhere I chance to use them.
and thank you Gab for your hand in the process and Mercy for caring it safely across the ocean. I certainly do have the awesomest sisters in the whole wide world.

4 comments:

darcie said...

Yep, I agree and it was fun just to ohh and ahh while we packed them up and admonished the young folks to deal gently with the treasure.
love you lots

darcie said...

shopping for those sweet little bowls made me feel like at least I had a tiny part in the festivities...if only someday we could all be together at Christmas time!..and while Jeremiah was getting his back rub, we were opening his present just to take a "peek" at what he got!

Unknown said...

umm, that last comment was from me, Gab...whenever our mom (darcie) comes over, I'm always finding that I'm signed out and she's signed in!!

Rachel said...

I assume that you got the story -- that Gabrielle was the one who pointed me in the right direction? There were LOTS of people involved in the purchasing/delivering of this lovely gift (for a lovely sister)!