Monday, March 9, 2009

are there rules for mixing denim???

So I got dressed this morning - without looking in the mirror.


Half way to my destination I realized that I was mixing my denims. Hmmm - Can this be done? I wondered to myself...or is that why those people back there looked at me funny.

When I finally found a mirror to get the full affect of my outfit - lets just say I was a little bit embarrassed.

Maybe some fabulous people out there could pull off mixing denims but quite frankly I look like a disaster.

6 comments:

darcie said...

frankly, you look really cute, but I know what you mean-I'm not confident to mix denim; and you're wearing that great jacket that we've passed around and red shoes! So, on the weekend I told people I was wearing my girls' clothes: Rachel's denim skirt, the pink ballet top and white sweater which you gave me last summer along with Mercy's brown camisole-only my own brown shoes! it was fun. . .

Jim said...

Rule 1: Wear as much denim as you want. Rule 2: Walk with confidence and no one will notice. Rule 3: yes there is a rule three, but it only applies if you lived in the 60's. That's a good thing.

Uncle Jim

Abigail said...

Thanks Uncle Jim - good to know the rules of denim. will tuck those away for future reference..I am sure they will come in handy!

Unknown said...

Alright, I appreciate all the other comments, but from sister to sister, honesty is what's important: mixing denims in that case was NOT a good idea...

Anonymous said...

at least you have a rockin' body

-mercy

Rachel said...

heehee. I second Gabrielle's comment...and while I love Uncle Jim (and wear jeans about half the time myself), i don't think it's ever a good thing to mix denim. E-VER.

but he's right with rule 2. If you ever forget and accidentally mix pieces, just act like you totally did it on purpose (which is what I do when I look back at pictures of myself wearing outfits that weren't quite right).